Meet Rooney O’Meara!
Doggy Daycare and Spa
- Rooney O’Meara is a beautiful Golden Retriever who was born on January 19, 2020. He was a “pandemic puppy” and came to live with his family after they lost their old Golden the previous September. His mom says: “It was wonderful to have another heartbeat in the house and frankly – what is better than a Golden Retriever Puppy!”
- On February 2, 2021, Rooney became a VIP (Very Important Pup) at Doggy Daycare and Spa. He absolutely loves his visits to “Camp” (as he and his Mom refer to his play days). In fact, his Mom thinks that he would rather spend the day at Doggy Daycare and Spa than at home! When he is hanging out with his buddies at Daycare, his Mom has the stress lifted from her. She knows he is safe, happy, and busy while she is at school.
- When Rooney isn’t hanging out with the other hip hounds, he spends his time at his primary vocation, chasing squirrels! He sees it as his personal duty to keep his family safe from those scary critters. He also loves to go for walks and chase tennis balls, however, after a day at daycare, he is so blissfully tired that he takes a long and happy nap.
- One of Rooney’s favorite things is getting a new stuffed toy which he immediately dismembers. Stuffing EVERYWHERE! Its like snow on Christmas morning to him. He also has developed a love for empty peanut butter containers (he carries them around like a prize) and empty sour cream cartons.
- When Rooney was a puppy, he apparently saw no difference between himself and the humans in his life. If someone was sitting at a table, he would climb into a chair. If he THOUGHT someone was going to sit some place, he would race to beat them to it. Rooney is quite the climber. One day, his Mom discovered him climbing onto the sink in a bathroom…. All of him up on the counter. All of him.
- A unique characteristic that Rooney has is his preference for paper products. He doesn’t eat them. Just shreds them. In fact, he was once offered a treat and a paper towel. He chose the paper towel, shred it into a thousand pieces and walked away. What a Goofball!
- Rooney has an innate ability to make people happy by sharing his obvious love for everyone and everything. He is an absolute joy to be around. His New Year’s resolution is to try harder to be a good boy all of the time, but we think he already has that down pat!