Meet Monty and Gouda!
Doggy Daycare and Spa
- Manchego (aka as Monty) and Gouda are Italian Greyhound brothers who absolutely
love each other and coming to Doggy Daycare and Spa each week to help get their
energy out and spend time with their canine friends. Their parents appreciate that after
a day spent at daycare, both boys are ready to chill out and snuggle on the couch.
Monty joined the family first as a puppy in 2020 during the pandemic. Not long after,
they found out that a family in Oregon was looking for new home for their Italian
Greyhound, Gouda. After conversing, both families determined that the “brothers”
could be united.
- Hanging out with their best pals Liza, Beau, and Zola is just one of the reasons Monty
and Gouda love coming to Doggy Daycare and Spa. They also enjoy playing outside,
sunbathing, and snuggling with mama Violet. The brothers even come prepared for
snow days in their snow suits! We are confident, however, that they are looking
forward to the warmer weather ahead!
- Along with regular daycare attendance, Monty and Gouda also spend the night on
occasion when their family is away. They don’t mind though. They get to bring all their
own stuff, so they are comfy, and Doggy Daycare and Spa is their second home so
staying over is no big deal. They boys also enjoy regular “paw-dicures” at the Spa
where they get their nails trimmed.
- When they are at home, Monty and Gouda can be found snuggling on the couch,
playing fetch, going on long walks, hiking at Crego Lake, and barking at squirrels.
Sunbathing on the back of the couch is also a favorite year-round past time.
- While the boys have many similarities, they do have different favorite toys and talents.
Monty loves a good game of tug of war with a rope while Gouda will play fetch all day
and night with his special rubber ball. In fact, Gouda is even able to catch a ball in his
mouth from quite a far distance! Monty can sit, roll over, and jump high for a “high-
five.” Monty can jump so high, that the first time he met his “Grandpa”, he jumped up
and took a bite out of his tuna fish sandwich!
- While it is obvious these boys are talented, we think their most impressive feat is their
ability to run up to 25 miles per hours.
- This spring, Monty and Gouda are looking forward to being outside without any jackets,
sweatshirts, snowsuits, or any other cold-weather gear. They are hopeful that they will
be able to go on an Easter Egg hunt like they did last year. We sure think that sounds