Meet Louie Goldstein!
Doggy Daycare and Spa
- Louie Goldstein is a mixed breed (flat coat retriever/lab) dog who was born in June of 2015.
- Louie has been attending Doggy Daycare and Spa since March 2016 and enjoys the socialization with the other dogs and the exercise he receives. His family prefers not to leave him home all day every day and coming to spend time with his friends at Doggy Daycare and Spa once or twice a week is a great option when his family is gone all day.
- Louie was born at a puppy mill in Texas and was rescued and brought to Project Hope Animal Rescue in Coldwater, Michigan. Louie’s family adopted him in January 2016.
- When he’s not hanging out at Doggy Daycare and Spa, Louie loves being home in his bed or under the feet of his family members. He hikes nearly every weekend with his Dad, and when he is able, enjoys a swim afterwards for the perfect day.
- A favorite toy of Louie’s is his Mom’s shoes and slippers. He also enjoys a Kong filled with peanut butter.
- Louie is a great traveler and has spent time with his family in Chicago, Minneapolis, Louisville, Traverse City and even the U.P.
- When Louie’s family first met him, they spent quite some time with him before making the definitive decision to add Louie to their family. His Dad says “He must have had an inclination because at one point he rolled over on his back, had his lankly legs in the air with his tongue hanging out and wanted us to scratch his belly. We burst out laughing and that’s when I said to the woman that had been fostering Louie, ‘We’ll take him!'”
- Prior to adopting Louie, his family had a golden retriever who loved to kayak. With hopes that Louie would also enjoy this family activity, they went on a kayaking trip in the U.P. Louie was not as eager and ended up capsizing the kayak in 8 feet of water on a day when it was only 50 degrees. He frantically swam to shore while his parents righted the boat and emptied the water. They lost cell phones and wallets in the river and had to finish the 3-hour trip both wet and cold. It sounds like Louie will be spending his family’s kayaking trips at Doggy Daycare and Spa instead!