Meet Gert Rykse!
Doggy Daycare and Spa
- Gert is a lovable yellow lab who was born on August 4, 2018. She and her canine cousin were both named after their “human grandmother” Gertrude. Gert and Trudy… what a beautiful tribute!
- When Gert comes to Daycare at Doggy Daycare and Spa, she gets to enjoy her absolute two favorite things… playing with other dogs and hanging out with people! Gert is very much our resident Miss Congeniality and is quick to make friends.
- Gert’s best friends at Doggy Daycare and Spa are Rooney and Suka. They love to play and wrestle. She also enjoys climbing the play structures and helping her teachers with new dog assessments. During nap time, Gert likes to beg for belly rubs and butt scratches from her caretakers who are always ready to oblige.
- When she’s not hanging out with the other hip hounds, Gert spends quality time hiking with her human dad. She absolutely loves to go swimming and sometimes her dad can’t get her out of the water when its time to go home! In fact, if Gert were to give us advice, it would surely be to go swimming more often.
- The optimistic nature that is characteristic of the lab personality is extremely evident in this girl. She’s happy-go-lucky wherever she goes. However, if given the choice, Gert would certainly choose to live closer to water so she could swim whenever she wanted.
- This winter Gert plans to roll around in the snow and make doggy snow angels. She will probably attempt to catch a snowball or two. We guess if she can’t swim, that’s the next best thing!