Meet Chewbacca “Chewie” Haynick!
Doggy Daycare and Spa
- Chewbacca “Chewie” Haynick is a chocolate Labradoodle who was born on March 18, 2015. When his family met him, it was love at first sight. Ever since they brought him home, Chewie has been a key part of his family. He insists on being involved in every aspect of their lives. He supervises nightly bedtime stories and cuddles with his Dad every evening. His favorite place to sleep is in the middle of the hallway so he doesn’t miss a thing!
- When he was seven months old, Chewie began attending daycare at Doggy Daycare and Spa. He joins the other Hip Hounds every Monday for a day of fun indoors and out. Spending the night at Doggy Daycare and Spa is a breeze because it truly is his home away from home. Chewie is able to stay cute and fuzzy by visiting the Spa once a month where is his skin is kept healthy and his coat mat-free.
- Like any self-respecting dog, Chewie loves to chase his cat sisters and if he could give his humans any advice, it would be “Don’t trust the cats!” Chewie also loves to play fetch with his ball and would do so for hours on end. His absolute favorite toy is a stuffed dragon that he has had since he was a baby. He likes to carry it around and “present” it to his favorite people.
- Chewie is a very smart boy and knows how to sit and lay down on command. He occasionally will step it up a notch with by shaking hands or giving a high five. He is, however, struggling to predict his human sister’s next dance moves so it might be a while before we find him participating in canine freestyle dance 😊
- The water is another of Chewie’s favorites! When he was a pup, he lived with his family by the Red Cedar River. One day, he was let off leash and he decided to take off for an adventure down the river! Fortunately, he was caught four houses away before he could get himself into any trouble!
- Chewie is a dog with many duties… but the one he takes the most seriously is SQUIRREL PATROL! As soon as one appears, he quickly chases it into a tree. His final “herrrummf” serves as an affirmation to his self-proclaimed courage and warning to all of the other squirrels. Good Boy, Chewie!